How To Make 3D LED Infinity Mirror?
3D LED infinity mirror commonly used for wall decoration, is a set of LEDs placed around the periphery of a fully reflective mirror, and a second, partially reflective (one-way mirror) is placed a short distance in front of it, in a parallel alignment. When an outside observer looks into the surface of the partially reflective mirror, the lights appear to recede into infinity, creating the appearance of a tunnel of lights of great depth.
What You Need?
Box Framed Decorative Mirror
Glass Tinting Film Or Tinted Glass Or One-way Mirror
Color Changing LED
1) Remove the mirror from the back of the frame than remove the design attached to mirror (If any) and clean the mirror with glass cleaner.
2) Remove the inner wood and frame pieces which hold the glass in place, than carefully remove the glass itself. Clean and polish both sides of glass.
3) Cut the piece of tint film to fit the glass. Gently stick the three corners of the film by tape and use 2 pieces of tape on fourth corner to unpeel the film. As you carefully unpeeled the film, spray some soapy water on it.
4) Spray the glass with soapy water and apply the film. Squeeze out all the air pockets by using an old gift card. Leave the film for couple of hours to dry and that trim the edges. Now place the tinted glass in frame, but make sure the tinted surface of the glass is inside, so it will face the mirror back on the frame. Refit the inner frame pieces to hold the tinted glass back in place.
5) Make a small cut on side bottom of frame to fit the LED wire through. Measure and cut the LED strip of required length. Now unpeel the LED strip and paste it on the edge inner frame.
6) Stick a piece of wood on each side of inner frame to create a slightly bigger gap between LED and mirror, this will create more effective reflection for the illusion.
7) Once again clean and polish both glass and mirror. Refit the mirror on back of the frame.
8) Switch on the LED lights and your beautiful LED Infinity Mirror is ready.
Note: You can more simplify the process by using tinted glass or one way mirror.