63 Top Comparison Quotes And Sayings
Comparison is a consideration or estimate of the similarities or dissimilarities between two things or people.
1. Fire and sword are but slow engines of destruction in comparison with the babbler.
2. When the Lord makes it clear you’re to follow Him in this new direction, focus fully on Him and refuse to be distracted by comparisons with others.
Charles R. Swindoll
3. Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you
4. Comparison is the death of peace and Well being
5. Beauty is a relation, and the apprehension of it a comparison.
Gerard Manley Hopkins
6. Psychology says, comparing yourself to others is the root cause for feelings of unhappiness, self blame and depression
7. Don't compare your weaknesses to someone else's strengths
8. Personality begins where comparison ends.
9. Think of my Pleasure in Solitude, in comparison of my commerce with the world – there I am a child – there they do not know me not even my most intimate acquaintance – I give into their feelings as though I were refraining from irritating a little child – Some think me middling, others silly, other foolish – every one thinks he sees my weak side against my will; when in truth it is with my will – I am content to be thought all this because I have in my own breast so great a resource. This is one great reason why they like me so; because they can all show to advantage in a room, and eclipse from a certain tact one who is reckoned to be a good Poet – I hope I am not here playing tricks ‘to make the angels weep': I think not: for I have not the least contempt for my species; and though it may sound paradoxical: my greatest elevations of Soul leave me every time more humbled – Enough of this – though in your Love for me you will not think it enough
11. The Bible frequently uses symmetries and inversions. By such comparisons (parallels and contrasts) the unique aspects of reality begin to emerge. Comparing two objects makes their differences increasingly apparent. Only then can we ask, “Why does this one have that, and the other does not?” For instance: The phrase, “and it was 6 good” is present on all the days of creation—except the second day. Why? Because, “two” contains potential badness, to a Hebrew. We could not have discovered that insight, unless we contrasted God’s description of the creative days.
Michael Ben Zehabe
12. Love is the total absence of fear, Love asks no questions. Its natural state is one of extension and expansion, not comparison and measurement
13. Safe women cheer instead of compare and encourage instead of envy
14. Don't Compare Your Beginning to Someone Else's Middle.
15. We all dream; we do not understand our dreams, yet we act as if nothing strange goes on in our sleep minds, strange at least by comparison with the logical, purposeful doings of our minds when we are awake.
16. There is no comparison between the training here and the training in Israel.
17. If you compare yourself to others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
18. Comparison kills creativity. Stop comparing and start creating
19. Jealousy is the fear of comparison.
20. Comparison is the enemy's way of telling you God cheated you
21. The fastest way to kill something special, is to compare it to something else
22. Comparison Is an Act of Violence against the Self.
23. Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people
24. Don't compare your situation to others, you don't know what goes on behind the scenes
25. Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.
Marquis de Condorcet
26. Don't compare yourself to others. That's a battle you can never win.
27. Comparison with myself brings improvement, comparison with others brings discontent.
Betty Jamie Chung
28. The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel.
29. Alone, I am satisfied with myself. With others, I am beset by troubling comparisons.
30. In comparison with a loving human being, everything else is worthless.
31. Once you get it going, there's no comparison. It's a sweet, sweet fuel.
32. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about
33. The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel.
34. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. You see, it’s really quite simple. A simile is just a mode of comparison employing ‘as’ and ‘like’ to reveal the hidden character or essence of whatever we want to describe, and through the use of fancy, association, contrast, extension, or imagination, to enlarge our understanding or perception of human experience and observation
36. The Rain Falls Because sky can no longer handle its heaviness..Just like Tears,It falls because the heart can no longer handle pain.
37. There is no comparison.
38. If comparison is the thief of joy, then our culture is being robbed blind.
39. Comparison will strip you of power, of grace, and influence. Each person is unique. How then, can you possibly compare unique to unique? You can’t. And when you try, you annihilate your brilliance.
40. ..success is not a comparison of what we have done with what others have done.
41. It is not a fair comparison.
42. Works of great intellect are great only by comparison with each other.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. Comparison is the most dangerous acquaintance love can make.
44. I think our biggest flaw is in comparison, when you compare your progress to someone else's, you're placing limits on yourselves.
45. Being a part of both organizations, there is no comparison in the two organizations. This is a professional organization. The Hornets were just — I don’t know what the hell it was. There is no explaining for them.
46. There is no comparison, today I won with my people. The Davis Cup is one of the greatest competitions in the world and i am really proud of my team.
47. Comparison will be the number one thing that will keep you from doing what God’s calling you to do. He’s put a gift and a call and a desire in your heart that is different than anyone else’s. And you’re wired that way for a reason
48. At Camp Don Bosco, there were Bibles all over the place, mostly 1970s hippie versions like Good News for Modern Man. They had groovy titles like The Word or The Way, and translated the Bible into “contemporary English,” which meant Saul yelling at Jonathan, “You son of a bitch!” (I Samuel 20:30). Awesome! The King James version gave this verse as “Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman,” which was bogus in comparison. Maybe these translations went a bit far. I recall one of the Bibles translating the inscription over the cross, “INRI” (Iesus Nazaremus Rex Iudaeorum), as “SSDD” (Same Shit Different Day), and another describing the Last Supper — the night before Jesus’ death, a death he freely accepted — where Jesus breaks the bread, gives it to his disciples, and says, “It’s better to burn out than fade away,” but these memories could be deceptive
49. Everything pales in comparison to deer.
50. Don't Let Comparison Steal Your Joy
51. There is just no comparison between having a dinner date with a man and staying home playing canasta with the girls.
52. From the very beginning to compare. Your mother starts comparing you with other children. Your father compares. The teacher says, “Look at Johnny, how well he is doing, and you are not doing good at all
53. In the work of salvation, there is no room for criticism, condemnation or comparison.
Carol F. McConkie
54. There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that which is lost by not trying.
55. Comparison is the thief of joy.
56. Comparisons make you feel superior or inferior, neither serve a useful purpose.
57. It’s always going to be easy to live like others or other’s life, because creating or innovating something of own is always difficult in comparison to buying or borrowing anything from others.
58. Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world…if you do so, you are insulting yourself
59. I accept my uniqueness. There is no competition and no comparison, for we are all different and meant to be that way. I am special and wonderful. I love myself.
Louise L. Hay
60. There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, Morrel, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life. Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart, and never forget, that until the day God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words, ‘Wait and Hope
61. With nothing to compare yourself to, aren't you perfect!.
62. Mumbai is home, so there’s no comparison. But then again, New York’s a lot like Mumbai, which is why I choose to live there. It’s fast, crowded (in a good way), the people are friendly and it’s full of color and race, like Mumbai. Unfortunately, the traffic’s also just as bad.
63. When you compare yourself with others in matters of wealth, position, and health, you should look at people less favoured than yourself. When you compare yourself with others in matters of religion, knowledge and virtue, look at people who are better than yourself.